Happy Memorial Day Weekend! As promised, here is my blog post on my decision to incorporate more natural products into my daily routine. I’d love to finally do the FULL switch from head to toe, but I am honestly having a hard time letting go of some of my favorite beauty products! Someday I’ll get there!
I’ve been wanting to write about this for awhile, but it didn’t feel authentic enough until I did “more” and really discovered what works and doesn’t work for me. While I love my cult-fave MAC lipsticks and my staple Urban Decay Naked palettes as much as the next girl, I know that they’re not chemical-free. And a lot of those chemicals have long-term effects! After doing some research when I was newly pregnant, it became crystal clear that what goes on my body also goes in my body. So while all of this started while I was growing my tiny human on the inside, it’s certainly only going to continue as he grows on the outside – for both of us.
We’ve all seen the endless aisles at Whole Foods full of clean(ish) beauty and skincare products. And while I love to browse the selection and do my grocery shopping there, I felt strongly about really doing my research, taking recommendations from those with experience and supporting some small businesses (& other working mamas) on this journey. So.. that brings me to some of my new favorites. This list will only grow as time goes by and I’ll continue to share when I come across something amazing that I just can’t keep to myself! All are linked below.
- Cocokind MYMATCHA stick: It goes without saying that new mamahood comes with a whole new level of TIRED. I wanted this stick to help perk up my under eye area. I found this brand on Instagram!
- BeautyCounter Lip Conditioner: When my breastfeeding journey began 7 months ago, my lips got SO DRY. Nothing could save them no matter how much water I drank. I was so happy to find this natural lip conditioner. I apply is every morning and evening. It’s not sticky and I love the peppermint!
- Cocokind Matcha Moisturizer: I think it’s pretty evident that I love matcha by now?! I love a good nighttime moisturizer before bed & this one fits the description! I just ordered the rose toner to go along with this – I’ll let you know how I like it as soon as I get to use it for a few days.
- Franklin & Whitman Scrub: This product line is another one I discovered on Instagram after seeing some of my faves (whose recommendations I trust) rocking their scrubs and masks in their posts. My face has NEVER felt softer! Not only does this scrub smell like freshly roasted coffee beans (ahhhh sweet sweet mom juice), but it doesn’t feel harsh on my skin.
- 80 Acres Body Balm in Verde: I’m not sure how living in South Florida gives me the driest skin ever, but it does. I discovered this product on one of our trips to Napa a couple of summers ago and I’ve been hooked ever since. It’s so rich and instantly hydrates my skin since it’s made of mostly olive oil. The ingredients list is short and sweet which I love – and the fresh green smell will forever remind me of one of my favorites places in the world.
- BeautyCounter Protect All Over 30 SPF: It’s no secret that protecting your skin from the sun is the best way to stay looking youthful! Long gone are the days of basking in the summer sun trying to achieve the perfect dark tan. Now, it’s all about trying to stay as pale as possible. I love this sunscreen and BeautyCounter’s mission is one that I’m definitely onboard with.
- Franklin & Whitman Mask: Who doesn’t love a good face mask?! I love when the babe is already down for the night and I get to indulge in a hot shower and a face mask. After Henry was born, I lost that “pregnancy glow” and have been on the hunt for something to bring it back ever since! I love the balancing & brightening qualities of this particular blend of ingredients.
If anyone has any questions or recommendations, please let me know!