This blog is sponsored by Centrum and the opinions I have expressed are my own.
Living in South Florida generally means one thing, year-round sunshine and very warm steamy temps. We only get about a 2-3 week period of “cool” weather and a lack of humidity early in the year and that’s really about it. Right now, in the “fall,” it’s 90 degrees, sunny-ish, and basically bikini weather.. not exactly the autumn you see in Hallmark movies. So, that means we “glow” all year! However, for those of us sun safety nuts, we don’t find our “summer glow ups” by tanning and aging our precious skin. Want my not-so-secret “secrets?” Keep reading!
Over the years (but definitely not my college years, LOL), I’ve found natural ways to make sure my skin is looking and feeling its best through so much research and trial and error (my sister was also an esthetician!). The consensus is that we need to take care of our skin & hydration from the inside AND the outside. It’s not enough to just throw on some concealer in the morning and call it a day! When you care for your skin/body from the inside out, it will definitely show.
Some of my favorite natural products and supplements to keep my skin looking fresh all year round are:
- WATER! I can’t stress this enough – hydration is KEY!
- A good face sunscreen – my favorites are the TULA Protect + Glow Sunscreen (MILESANDMIMOSAS) and Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen. Both wear well under makeup and do their job.
- Centrum Natural Beauty Whole Food Benefit Blend – contains biotin and antioxidants to support your beauty*, as well as a tailored organic fruit and vegetable blend. (free 2-day shipping!) I’ve been taking this daily to give my skincare routine an extra healthy dose of skin savvy vitamins, minerals and all the good stuff.
- Natural makeup must-haves – Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint for a little tint/hydration, Ilia NightLite Bronzing Powder & Summer Fridays lip balm are my daily faves.
- Non-toxic tanning/bronzing drops – I love Lux Unfiltered tanning drops when I need a little extra bronzing!
- Gua Sha – we all NEED one of these facial lifting tools made out of natural stone. It’s also like a little massage for your face and this definitely counts as self-care!
As always, this is what has worked for me and my skin. We are all different with unique needs, but my goal is to always try to help even just one person if I can! What are some of your seasonal skincare tips? Share them with me in the comments below.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease