Just like I was always curious what everyone toted around in their purse when I was younger, I’m now always wondering what all the moms keep in their diaper bags! I figured it was a great time to share what I carry around, now that I have almost a year of motherhood experience under my belt. In the beginning, you couldn’t be too overly prepared – 5 blankets, 10 burp cloths, 16 changes of clothes for both baby and mama..the list goes on and my shoulders ache just thinking about it. Now, I know what I’ll need at what times of the day (thank you, schedule) – and I keep all that spare “just in case” stuff in the car instead of overflowing out of my bag. Here’s what’s in my diaper bag with an 11 month old:
I like to consider myself a “modern mama,” and therefore I just can’t get down with the typical diaper bag splattered with primary colors or safari animals and a bazillion pockets. I use either my Herschel backpack or my Louis Vuitton Neverfull – both with my ToteSavvy insert (because organization is KEY). The ToteSavvy keeps things super easy because I can keep it packed at all times and just move it from one bag to the next. It also has the perfect amount of pockets (not overwhelming) and the size is amazingly spot on. My ToteSavvy (I have red) has an insulated sleeve for Henry’s food or a bottle, a “dirty” sealable pocket for when the kid gets messy (aka always) and even a key ring (because who isn’t always digging for their keys?!). Let’s just say this is the perfect mom invention!
My essential every day on-hand items for baby are:
- 3 diapers (we use Honest Company)
- Travel package of wipes (Seventh Generation)
- Travel size diaper cream (Aquaphor, only if needed)
- The ToteSavvy comes with a changing pad!
- Once Upon a Farm pouch in the insulated sleeve (use code “milesandmimosas” for a discount!)
- Cheerios or MySuperFoods Snacks in my Stasher Bag (reusable/washable silicone bag)
- Bib and one burp cloth (love these Burts Bees burp cloths)
- Sippy cup with water (love these and these)
- Sunscreen (Aveeno Baby or Honest Company)
- Hand wipes and sanitizer (Babyganics)
My essential every day on-hand items for mom are:
- Georgia Grinders nut butter pouch (what could be easier?!)
- RX Bar (Mixed Berry is my fave)
- Water in my Swell Bottle
- Lip balm & gloss (always THIS and this)
A ToteSavvy was gifted to me but all opinions are, as always, my own.
All photos taken by Coco Prop Shop